Friday, August 23, 2013

Perry Castellano's /// POD FORMS

http://www.judithhalegallery.com/sculptures/sculptures_photos/c/castellano_perry/castellano_podforms.jpg

http://www.judithhalegallery.com/sculptures/sculptures_photos/c/castellano_perry/castellano_podforms.jpgJ

Perry Castellano's work is inspired by nature. Using organic forms and shapes, his pieces have an earthy quality along with a fluidity that is found like that of nature. Viewers are drawn to each piece by the exquisite way it melds with the outdoor environment it's created for.  It is a  48" x 24" x 24" Water Sculpture piece.
quotes by the aritst: "I seek to create a fluidity in my work, which strives to harmonize the inner rhythm of self with the outer rhythms of nature.

In my kinetic pieces, you'll find a joyous dance with the wind, the muses.

In the transition series you see a vortex, fluctuations in forms, the workings of a metamorphosis.

I enjoy sculpting with metal. It adds a dichotomy to the themes of my work. Metal is a symbol of strength and solidity.

I use it to explore the fragile and ever-changing elements of both self and nature."

-  Perry Castellano, 2002


  This piece I was really drawn to because I would like to make  pieces that are just like it and have that flowing water effect, and how its tricking down all the petals. I really like how he tries to captivate nature and how each piece is made for the environment it is put in.  He works so well with metal and his craft. I love how each piece drips into another and how there is different vantage points to look at from any angle. Also the bottom rocks give me the idea that I don't need a bowl at the bottom every time I could just make it specifically for outside and use rocks and mulch.

No comments:

Post a Comment