Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Josef Albers WINDOW PICTURE

http://www.hirshhorn.si.edu/collection/resource-centre/#collection=over-under-next&detail=http%3A//www.hirshhorn.si.edu/search-results/search-result-details/%3Fedan_search_value%3Dhmsg_72.6

This piece is by Josef Albers who was born in Germany. It is composed of glass, metal, wire, paint, nails, mes, imitation pearls, and ink. It is in the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Institution, Washington D.C. It was given as a gift in 1971 and is listed under Geometric Abstraction.

 I really liked this piece because I could see it myself in D.C. I love how as a whole you see colors, but when you look closer there are multiple objects, textures, and tools used to make this piece happen. I love how he used random objects that come together. The placement, flow, and balance of the colors helps one to follow along the with every piece, not one seems to stand out to much more then the others. I would say the middle is the main focal point of the piece. He uses the outer edges to make somewhat less colors and to draw your eyes inwards. It inspires me to use many everyday objects and to not be afraid to explore my utensils and things around me to create something great.

No comments:

Post a Comment